Thursday, January 1, 2009

Goals and Resolutions

Ugh, I am starting off my first day of 2009 with a massive headache and upset stomach. This is definitely not the way I wanted to spend my first day in 2009, but someone forgot to remind me to drink water while I chugged down champagne last night at an incredibly consistent pace. Grrr. I swear, it was the only thing I asked the hubby to do last night, since when I start to drink, I sometimes forget to slow down or take precautions that will prevent me from feeling like this the next morning.

And I swear, the day started off so well. We stayed in during the morning, and then I managed to get Nick to go out shopping with me. I scored this dress at an insane price:
Marked down from $175 to $61 dollars! Lyndsy from Yellow Brick Blog posted about this dress; she wore it to the rehearsal dinner before her wedding. I plan on wearing this to the wedding of my husband's friend in October. Nick stated, "Yeah you look gorgeous, and you only have to wait ten months to wear it."

From shopping, we then went to our favorite little wine shop in the OC, Bacchus, to pick up some champagne.

And we had a little beer:

I think I looked pretty cute:



And then I moved onto the champagne we picked up:
Next, I started to look like this:
Even more so after I had about four glasses while Nick and I watched "Hamlet 2." If you haven't seen this movie yet, I HIGHLY recommend it. I have not laughed that hard in a long time. Seriously, "Rock Me Sexy Jesus" just might become my new ringtone.

By the end of the night, Nick said that I had started amusing discussion about the existence of vampires, and I even managed to kick him out of his side of the bed.

Thus, last night brought me to my current mindset today. I have never been one to make a series of resolutions with the start of a new year, mainly because I never manage to stick with them. However, I would like to set some goals for myself this year. I only have a few, and I think I can manage to stick with them.

  1. I would like to post to this blog at least every other day. I noticed that sometimes weeks went by between posts, and I have no idea why. It wasn't as though I did not have things to say. I did not even manage to keep up the blog I started for my classroom, so I would like to make my own personal blog more of a habit or outlet.
  2. I would like to lose ten pounds. I know, it sounds so typical. But I have been saying this for about two years now. When I first met Nick, I was pretty tiny. Then I started to put on the weight. I had vowed to lose the weight before my wedding, but I didn't manage that. It didn't bother me because the dress already make me look slim, and I figured it was lame to buy into the hype of trying to lose tons of weight just for your wedding. But the fact is that I cannot fit into most of my clothing. My Citizens of Humanity jeans...I cannot wear. My cute skirts from Urban Outfitters...cannot fit. I swear, if I can just lose ten pounds I will have an entirely new wardrobe. My husband's sister is getting married at the end of June, and I am going to be a bridesmaid. I think six months is plenty of time for me to lose ten pounds.
  3. I plan on not purchasing any more make-up other than the Smasbox kits I already have on autodelivery (which are 34 dollars each) and foundation. Make-up is definitely a guilty pleasure of mine. I buy...a lot. And I now realize this. I am going to do a make-up purge of my drawers tomorrow which will probably make me throw-up. I know it will amount to thousands of dollars. And I have decided I would much rather save that money I usually spend and put it towards decorating our future house.
  4. Weekend trips. I truly am blessed to live in California; we have so many amazing places to see and visit. My goal is to make a day trip once a month to some place new.
  5. Stay more organized. I have tons of planners, calendars, various devices to keep me on task, and yet I somehow manage to wait until the due dates to accomplish some tasks. I want to stay more organized and do things ahead of time.
I think my list is managable. We shall see. I feel as though posting these goals makes me more accountable. I hope your first day in 2009 is going well. =)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your resolutions and I love the dress! Lynds has great taste, doesn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you go such a steal of a deal on that purple dress! You will look lovely I am sure! Also, I love Baccus in Manhattan Beach! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete