Friday, December 31, 2010

See ya, 2010!!

Ugh, you guys! I cannot tell you how excited I am to see tomorrow. I am so over 2010. I was going to post the Hanes sock commercial underneath, where both the son and father mutter, "We're sick of it." But I thought I would go old skool instead and show one of my very favorite "In Living Color" skits.



Now, I didn't exactly hate 2010. After all, I did get to go to Hogwarts (the Harry Potter park), Las Vegas with my hubby for our fabulous two year anniversary, and the Parker palm Springs twice. But quite a few awful things happened this year that I don't want to dredge up again, so here's to 2011.

Looking back at my new year's resolutions last year, I see that I didn't hold up to many of them. One was pretty unrealistic for me as well considering my profession and the life I lead. So here's to my resolutions for 2011. Let's see if these babies hold up better:

1. Take a multivitamin every day. You did buy a weekly pill case (that looks like it's for the elderly) for this reason!
2. Bring your Camelback water bottle every day. No more plastic bottles! (BTW, I said that in the mother's voice from "Rosemary's Baby."- "No more wire hangars!")
3. Start shopping for stocking stuffer gifts early... January early. Try to get a few each month. That way you won't almost hurl like you did this year when you try to purchase them all at once.
4. You have six months. If you don't finally lose those ten pounds that are keeping you from fitting into most of your wardrobe, it's all getting donated. Done, and done.
5. Find the most exquisite site you can along the coast in France for when you and the hubs finally film your vow renewal.
6. Make sure you make a list of all the Harry Potter sites you want to visit in England so you don't miss any.
7. Try to be more social. Give up the hermit lifestyle. Attempt to have people over for dinner once a month. That is why you bought all that pretty serveware, right?
8. Make sure you save a little me time. Whether that be if you just take a walk when you get home from work, or dance to your favorite song, or even get back into meditating. Hopefully, this will help you avoid all of the mini-breakdowns you have throughout the year.

::sigh:: For some reason, this list seems much more reasonable. I hope you have a lovely New Year's Eve, whatever you end up doing. Be safe, and see ya in 2011.

4 comments:

  1. aw lindsey i totally love your list!! such good ones. 6 months to lose 10 pounds? ACK that scares me. but losng two pounds a month is healthy.

    happy 2011 to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never keep my resolutions either :( This year I'm planning on doing lots of little things to help me feel more accomplished! Have a wonderful and magical New Year's Eve!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. great list!

    im posting mine on Tuesday..a lot similar..esp not being a hermit! I am so one..so lets meet up and not be hermits together!

    happy 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i like the list! i need to take more vitamins too... :/ and stop being such a hermit.
    happy 2011!
    xx.

    ReplyDelete