Monday, December 6, 2010

One Day at a Time


I try to remind myself of this phrase whenever things get too stressful or I get depressed, but it's so hard to do when you get caught up in things sometimes.

Last week on Wednesday, my 29th birthday started off great. In fact, I had just received some gorgeous flowers at work from my husband when I received the most devastating news: his grandmother had died.

I don't know how I made it through the rest of the school day. My students were so sweet, thank goodness. I tried to hold it together for the hubs at home, but I was the one who kept breaking down.

Though I only knew her for a few years, his granny was definitely a kindred spirit. We shared a love of books, wine, and dancing. No one could crack a joke better than her or make someone feel as special.

Our weekend trip to Seattle was pushed aside so we could drive to Arizona to be with his family.

It just made me remember that it is so important to take the time to let your loved ones know how much you truly love them.

Granny, you will be missed more than you could ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment