Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Matt's Big Breakfast

Oy vey! Somehow another month has passed by. Every year I say that I am going to try to lighten my load at work, yet somehow I end up taking more and more on. I enjoyed reading all of your blogs though while I struggled to make it through the month.

Originally, we had planned to have Thanksgiving at our house for the first time. However, my husband's grandmother had a heart attack (she's doing fine now), so we drove out to Phoenix to visit her in the hospital instead. My mother spoiled us the day before we left by making us Thanksgiving dinner that day, so on Thanksgiving we started the five hour drive out there at six in the morning.

After an interesting Thanksgiving meal at Marie Calendar's, the next day we decided to hit up one of the restaurants on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives using the Flavortown app I had downloaded. I am SO glad we did.



Matt's Big Breakfast is TINY inside, but the flavor packed into its breakfasts is huge. I had the best waffle I have ever had. It was light and airy, and the maple butter and maple syrup were to die for.





I was in heaven.



If you are in the area, I HIGHLY recommend going there. I almost ordered a side of their peppered bacon to go; it was THAT good. Then, before we drove home, we went to a restaurant we had seen on Man v. Food, Alice Cooper's Cooperstown. I disappointed the hubs by not agreeing to split the 2 ft long hot dog with him since I wanted to try the Anthony Bourdain's Hot Pastrami sandwich. Luckily, he was quite pleased with the barbecue sandwich he chose.









I am getting hungry just looking at these pictures. Well, I hope your holiday season has started off well. I am determined to get some decorating done now before my birthday tomorrow. Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. how funnn! i love those trips where you get to eat at places you probably never will again. i totally would have got the pastrami too.

    ReplyDelete