Tuesday, July 5, 2011

What We Did- The Fourth

This was definitely one of those lazy summer weekends for the hubs and I. I don't think I accomplished much of anything, but it was kinda lovely considering the pace I usually move at.

We started the weekend off by meeting up with friends and checking out a bar/venue I have wanted to go to for over a year: Villain's Tavern. This little gem is located in the industrial section of Los Angeles near the L.A. river. From the Gothic/Hendrix decor to the drinks to the food, everything about this place charmed me. The photos I have do not do it justice, and I cannot wait to come back.









My lovely Belladonna drink. Did I mention Maker's Mark is my new toxic of choice?






My insanely good bacon cheeseburger that had a sour cherry marmalade on it. I'm getting hungry just looking at the picture again.

From there we went onto the Hotel Cafe to see one of my favorite singer/songwriters, someone I've mentioned before: David Ryan Harris.



Amy and I




A little "Sweetest Berry" for your listening pleasure.


Saturday was a bust, and then on Sunday we drove out to the new Five Guys location near us. After all the hype I'd read, I was so excited to try this place. Yet, once again, it was a major burger fail. In fact, the hubs and I both got sick from our burgers.







And I didn't particularly care for the "help yourself to peanuts" mess that was all over the floor and tables. It was kinda gross.

On the Fourth, we loped around and then checked out our local street fair for the first time. I'd post the cheesy picture I took of myself by an Uncle Sam figurine, except for the fact that my computer is way messed up and iphoto says I don't have enough room to upload. Oh well, imagine me grinning cheesy, giving the thumbs up.

Hope you had an awesome Fourth!

2 comments: