Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Little Less Conversation...

As I am sitting here, wasting away another day of summer vacation, I'm thinking about somewhat longingly to the little trip I got to take to Vegas back in June for a conference.

I know what you're thinking. How the heck did a school teacher get sent to Vegas for a conference? A group from my school site actually went to learn about professional learning communities. It was such an invigorating experience that gave many of us the opportunity to bond. And bond we did, over drinks and food.



We arrived a day early, so I started off with a dragonberry mojito at Caesar's Palace.





That night, some colleagues and I decided to check out Bobby Flay's Mesa Grille. It did not disappoint. In fact, I devoured the best chile relleno I have ever had in my life.



The next day, knowing how much I love burgers, my friend Greg led our group to what he deemed the best burger place in Vegas: Le Burger Brasserie. And though my blue cheese burger was not the best (Hello? Slater's 50/50...), it was definitely the best burger I've had in Vegas.





The last night we were there our group dined at P.J. Clarke's in the Forum Shops. We had a back room all to ourselves and control of a jukebox. We had an absolute blast. I ventured out of my comfort zone and had Guinness braised short ribs that were so tender and flavorful I'm getting hunger pangs just thinking about them. They were accompanied by horseradish mashed potatoes which had just the kind of kick I love.

And the picture of our waiter? I die!! One of our older teachers flirted with him the whole time. He danced, sang, and even helped us surprise a colleague who showed up later that evening. They have amazing food and service there. I highly recommend it!



Our last morning in Vegas, I made everyone in my little group meet up at Serendipity when I learned that they are now serving breakfast. I ordered the Saints and Sinners meal, which in my opinion, is the absolute perfect breakfast. Centered by a french toast log, it had berries and whipped cream on one side, and scrambled eggs with bacon on the other. I was in heaven.

Oh Vegas...maybe you are growing on me.

2 comments:

  1. that breakfast looks amazing!!! and this is the perfect post for me to read right now because i leave for LV tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill is SUCH an amazing restaurant!!

    ReplyDelete