Monday, April 11, 2011

What We Did

So you know I said that I was not going to be doing any more posts about bacon, but the husband decided to surprise me this weekend before we ran errands...and he ended up taking me to Slater's 50/50, one of the last places on my bacon restaurant list.

Now, my expectations were not high. Aside from the Bacon MANia truck, the other places I've been too have not been so hot. Fortunately, Slater's totally redeemed things.




We knew the portions were going to be huge at this place, so we decided to split a burger right away. As I was browsing the drink menu, I knew I had to order this right off the bat.



The Chocolate Bacontini



Now, this drink is definitely not for everyone. It has an acquired taste. It has Godiva Chocolate Liqueur and Bakon Voldka in it. I didn't like it too much at first, but it definitely grew on me.



Then the husband just had to order a combo appetizer plate: fried artichoke hearts and fried dill pickles; they were scrumptious.



Then the burger. You can actually order your burger any way you want at Slater's 50/50, which results in a ridiculous number of possible combinations. We decided to stick with their original and order the 50/50. Now, the burger patties at Slater's are made with half ground round and half bacon bits. The burger we had also came with a fried egg, avocado mash, and chipotle mayo on top. I am not lying when I say this was the best burger I have ever had. The flavor combination was just insane. The saltiness of the bacon, the spiciness of the mayo...my taste buds were in overload. I have tasted many burgers, and this tops them all.

After this, I knew I just couldn't eat the bacon brownie, even though I was told to make sure I saved room from this from someone who had visited this restaurant before. Alas, I settled for their bacon bloody mary. I just had to see if it was good as the one I ordered from Hash House.



This topped the one at Hash House. They both had the bakon vodka in them, but I believe they added olive juice to this one. It had just the right amount of spiciness, tartness, and saltiness. And the bacon sale around the rim: heaven.

I've informed the husband that we are laying off bacon for awhile now. He responded that he was just trying to make me happy. So cute, but we will definitely be laying off it for a bit.

1 comment:

  1. lady, you are trying to kill me?! this all looks amazing. if your husband is done going with you for a bit, i'll gladly fill in :)

    ReplyDelete