Wednesday, April 13, 2011

She's So Lucky...

So a few weeks ago I received the extremely good news that I had been selected to attend a week long seminar in Massachusetts about John and Abigail Adams. The Gilder Lehrman Institute is an amazing nonprofit organization that promotes the study of American History through lectures, lesson plans, podcasts, access to numerous resources, and summer seminars for teachers.

I had applied for a seminar last year and was not chosen. You can't imagine how excited I am to have been selected for my first choice seminar. Not only is John Adams my favorite president, but this seminar is also being taught by the Pulitzer Prize winning author Joseph Ellis. He's a professor and the author of "Founding Brothers." He most recently wrote "His Excellency: George Washington," which my mom actually bought me for my birthday.



I am petrified of appearing to be a moron before this man, so you can bet what I'll be doing in the weeks leading up to this seminar. Since it ends a day before my anniversary, the husband is actually going to fly out the week after, and we're going to spend our anniversary driving up through Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine. I am ecstatic!

No comments:

Post a Comment