Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Bruery

Are you sick of me posting about bacon yet? How about if I throw in a little beer with it, would that help? I found out that a bacon food truck, Bacon MANia, was going to be making a stop at a brewery my husband and I were first introduced to a couple of years ago at the Mammoth Blues and Brews Fest, The Bruery, so we just had to go. Needless to say, I was not disappointed.





We got to sample their new beer, Salt of the Earth, which has truffle salt in it. It tasted a bit odd at first, but I quickly grew to love it. If you're a foodie, you must try this beer.



The husband had me pose differently than with the "stereotypical" smile I give. I think I look like a major dork.=)







After some tastings, we finally ordered some food. We got their bacon appetizer trio which consisted of three balls with different fillings wrapped in bacon. One was peanut butter and jelly, the next was macaroni and cheese, and the third had pastrami and blue cheese. They were to die for. We also ordered the pork/bacon sliders and bacon tacos. The tacos weren't so hot, but the sliders were absolutely scrumptious! Their pulled pork with bacon was phenomenal, and I love how spicy they were. We finished things off with these babies:



Bacon brownies. They were heaven. But I'm laying off bacon for a bit. The weight I had lost is now back. Boo!

1 comment: