Wednesday, August 17, 2011

OC Mart Mix

So did you know it takes awhile to download over 700 photos? I'm sure you do. After running around yesterday and then rushing to meet my husband at an Angels game, blogging fell through. And today was one of those days that just escaped me. I am feeling very lazy (hello sweatpants!), so here's some info about my new favorite local spot: the OC Mart Mix.

I can't remember if I read about this place in Sunset magazine or the Automobile magazine, but I was super excited to hear about it. And I totally felt out of the loop since it actually opened last year. This outdoor shopping venue is near a huge orange county shopping destination, South Coast Plaza. It is somewhat similar to The Lab (dubbed the anti-mall), but I think it has the potential to be better once they get some more stores in. The OC Mart Mix has a wide array of stores ranging from a bicycle store to a bakery. They also have stalls inside a huge building for small vendors (I bought the dress I wore on our anniversary from one of them).

And the best thing is that food trucks come here.









Ridiculously good tacos and spicy sweet potato fries.








People were literally standing memorized at this coffee place similar to Blue Bottle in San Francisco.


They're getting started with happy hours on Fridays with certain food trucks coming out (there's a wine bar in the huge building). I will definitely be organizing some at this place.

1 comment: