Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Boston- Day 1

As I start to prepare for this new school year, I'm longing for the gorgeous east coast scenery I was spoiled with on our New England road trip vacation. I miss the seafood and creative cocktails. And I also miss getting to sleep in (getting up at 5:30 sucks). Here's to the first of my vacation re-cap posts.














We stayed in Cambridge for most of the first day, dining at the Russel House Tavern where I got my bacon fill. In fact, I probably had the best bloody mary ever there: they make theirs with bourbon. If the option is available try it. I then talked the husband into walking part of the Freedom Trail with me before we had dinner at Hungry Mother, one of Boston's best restaurants (literally EVERYONE we talked to recommended this place). They make southern food with a French twist. It was the perfect first day of vacation with the hubs.

1 comment: