Sunday, November 7, 2010

Teenage Dream

It's no secret that I adore Katy Perry. I still remember the girl from when she was starting to really hit the scene in Hollywood, playing the Hotel Cafe. I had the pleasure of seeing her on a "Two Hour Tour" cruise in Newport Beach. She played last and ended up forgetting some of the lyrics to one of her songs because she was so hammered. I still remember her uttering to someone at the bar before she went on, "I'm getting drunk because they put me on last!"

So I had a Katy Perry moment on Friday when I stumbled upon her new single, "Teenage Dream," on two different blogs. First, The Swede Records posted a cover by the band The Rescues which is INSANELY good.



I freaked when I recognized an old friend/songwriter I used to help promote, Rob Giles, in the band. Then I stumbled upon this lovely cover which will be on Glee on Tuesday on Perez Hilton's site:



These two covers made me so happy. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. every time teenage dreams comes on the radio, i belt it out at maximum volume. i feel a little teeny bopper, but i can't help it. i LOVE her!

    ReplyDelete