Saturday, February 28, 2009

I Know that Girl

So I do not remember how I came across finding out that this girl was on American Idol. I was either reading a blog, or Perez, or something, but I do remember something snapping after I read her name, thinking, "I KNOW that girl."

Jesse Langseth was part of the top 36 recently on American Idol. She is actually the little sister of my high school crush, Jonny Lang, the incredible blues singer and musician who truly has a voice like no other. Jesse definitely was blessed with her older brother's gift as well. She sang "Bettie Davis Eyes" on American Idol, which totally under utilized her voice. If she had sang something else which would have showcased her voice a bit more, she would have blown EVERYONE away.



Anyhoo, I met her in Minneapolis years ago back in another life. Actually, it was when I was with my ex, who was also pursuing his dreams as a musical artist. He was being managed by Jonny Lang's former manager, and Jesse popped into see him play one night at Bunker's. They became good friends, and when I was out visiting we met one night. She told me VERY intersting stories from her brother's heyday as an artist, when she manaed to hook up with quite a few famous young actors. I just remember her making fun of me because I could not get over how cold it was in Minneapolis.

I am sorry to see that the public did not vote for her. It just confirms my belief that the American public does not know crap about what good music is or who talented vocalists actually are. My only hope is that Jesse can use this as a springboard for something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment