Sunday, February 22, 2009

Home, Sweet Home


I know the picture is dark, but I just do not have the motivation to get out my camera to take a picture with flash. Those are my feet on my coffee table. I am HOME, people! My eight days with my eighth graders n my Washington DC trip are done, and I have never felt happier to be sitting on my couch at home.

The trip, thankfully, was easy. However, we did end up shutting down the Statue of Liberty because one of my students forgot her backpack in front of it while taking pictures. We added on Boston and New York this year, and it was definitely worth it. I fell in love with Boston. I could totally see myself living there. It's one of the hubby's places for a city we might consider later on in life, and I am definitely open to it now.

New York though...not so much. My grand expectations of the city were totally dashed. Maybe I had the city built up too big in my mind because of "Sex and the City." I dunno. Times Square was a nightmare for me, the Plaza a letdown, and I didn't see that many "well-dressed" people at all. In addition, YOU CANNOT SEE THE SKY!!!! I felt claustraphobic the whole time in the city because of all the skyscrapers. I would just live in Central Park if I lived there. I do not understand how people can deal with just looking up and seeing nothing but buildings all of the time. To me, it was weird. Next time I go back (hopefully with the hubby), there are some spots I would like to go to with the hubby that might make things a bit better. But otherwise, it was a let down.

Oh, and I totally got snaps from the parents for my phone blog! Did you know you could blog from your phone? It's the best thing ever. I took photos of students on my iphone all the time and uploaded them to the blog over the course of the day so the parents could see what we were up to. Check it out here.

I am up to nothing today. I hope you enjoy your Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment