Sunday, October 19, 2008

Relaxing Weekends...


(I miss this)

I remember when the weekends were a time for relaxing. I would go get Starbucks in the morning, read all day, and watch a movie at a night. Those weekends have seemingly escaped me. I feel like the weekends, now, are a time where I desperately try to catch up with everything I wasn't able to do during the week. I was talking to a colleague of mine, and she said that she manages to get all of her master's work done during the week so that her weekends are free. I was like, "Huh?" Does she actually teach or grade? Because weeknights are spent doing that, and weekends are for master's work.

I had a breakdown this weekend and decided I wanted to quit my master's program. I am in GATE credential and character education program as well, and I am struggling to balance all of this along with being an ASB teacher for the first time. I just do not know how I am doing it.

I keep trying to tell myself it will be worth it next summer when I am done, but right now I am just barely chugging along.

I hope your weekend was more pleasurable. I felt guilty for spending Saturday doing nothing with my hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment