Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Bachelorette Party



So last Friday night we went out for my bachelorette party. I had planned for us all to go see one of my favorite bands, Rooney, play at the House of Blues on Sunset. We had an absolutely fabulous time, and what made it even more fabulous was the fact that Jeffrey Jones, who played Mr. Rooney in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off," actually introduced them. It was classic.



One of my friends managed to get us tickets to the Foundation Room afterwards, so we went upstairs. My sister had bought us posters so we could meet Rooney, but me (being the doofus I am), just had to get a picture with them. I had the valet take me back to my car to get my camera. However, the nasty security guard at the HOB then announced that he would be kicking people with cameras out. So my sis and I left and met my friends back up in the Foundation Room. We stayed up there so long that by the time we left it was to late to get into the Standard. I was bummed a bit because I had wanted to go dancing. And I was wearing my best "Carrie Bradshaw" dress. However, we did catch someone on the way out that saved the night: Robert Schwartzman, lead singer of Rooney. He was on the phone, and I felt like an ass interrupting. But he stopped to take a photo with me. He was such a doll!



I had the best night. My little sister truly made me happy and didn't let me down. And my friend Kristine demonstrated what a true friend is. And Sarah...she came down after having been in an accident!

No comments:

Post a Comment