Monday, October 31, 2011

Let the Games Commence!

I hope you are having a lovely Halloween. My student government class actually made last Friday our Costume Day, so I kept with my tradition of literary figures and rocked my very own Katniss from "The Hunger Games" outfit.




It was so cute to hear students say, "Oh my gosh, you're Katniss!" On the other hand, I totally had a mean girls experience with some of my "friends" (who I now think of as just colleagues). Imagine my surprise to finally get into the dance after taking tickets at the front to see all of my friends, including three of our new teachers, dressed up in matching P.E. outfits. I swear, my jaw just about hit the floor. I literally felt like I was back in middle school when you think you're in with a certain group only to have them go do something that completely leaves you out.

Surprisingly, I rebounded pretty quick. I'd had my own suspicions about how genuine these people really are, and now I know. Funny enough, I'd rather spend time with my dogs.

Life lessons at a middle school dance. Live and learn

2 comments:

  1. you look SO cute!!! love your outfit choice.

    and screw those other teachers. ick. so tacky of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute outfit! and yes, you def don't need those people and now you know that they're not genuine and not worth your time!

    ReplyDelete