Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I Wanna Rock!

A few weeks ago I was fortunate enough to go see the musical Rock of Ages at the Orange County Performing Arts Center. Tickets were on sale in one of the deals emails I receive, and since I had read about this feature, I snapped them up immediately.

It tells the story of two people who fall in love on the Sunset Strip during the 1980s, and since it's all about rock I did my best Kate Hudson:



I honestly cannot say the last time I had so much fun. I was singing along to every 80s hair band song in the musical, and dancing in my seat. When they did a mash-up of two of my absolute, all time favorite songs: "More than Words" and "I'm the One"...I knew I was a fan for life.

I bought the cast recording, and every time I feel down driving to work I just pop it in and it instantly brightens my mood. If the tour comes to your city, I highly recommend going. It will not disappoint.

Here's the cast doing some of the songs at the Tony's:

No comments:

Post a Comment