Monday, March 21, 2011

Hash House

Wow. I kinda miss my pre-puppy life. Having two little guys in my house is somewhat comparable to having kids. These pups have sucked the life out of us, but they are totally worth it. I have realized I am going to have to try and write all of my blog posts over the weekend; otherwise, they just aren't going to happen.

So the morning we got our little darlings, we were able to make it to one of the restaurants we saw on a bacon special: the Hash House in San Diego.


This place featured a bacon bloody mary and bacon baked right into the waffle. My husband was especially excited about the "Hair of the Dog" as well.



Yes, that's right. PBR in a brown paper bag and a bowl of bacon. I, on the other hand, got right to it and ordered the bloody mary. Here it is in all of it's bacon-y glory:



Do you see it? Let's look at a close-up.



Yep, those are bacon bits on the rim. Yum!



Granted, this is not the best bloody mary I've had by far. But you can't beat the fact that you can make a BLT right from everything in the drink and on the plate. Now, the waffle was a bit better:




Having the bacon baked right into the waffle gave each bit that wonderful combination of salty and sweet. However, the waflle mix itself was a bit heavy. The serving sizes here are ginormous, and I didn't ever eat a quarter of the waffle.



Overall, it was a fun experience, but nothing the husband and I had really stood out. I honestly don't know how they opened another location in Vegas. At least I can check it off my bacon foodie list.

1 comment:

  1. you're killing me. this all looks insane. wish i was sipping on a big ole bloody right here at my desk :)

    ReplyDelete