Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hodad's Letdown

We've all had an experience where we get so excited about something only to be completely disappointed about it. As a cheeseburger junkie, I was ecstatic to finally get to check out Hodad's in San Diego. Guy Fieri had raved about their burgers on "Best Thing I Ever Ate," so I was totally pumped up walking in.



Even though we couldn't get a table because we didn't have time, I literally skipped out to the car with our "to go" bag. But when I opened it, my heart almost sunk immediately. First off, the burgers are just too darn big. Even after I had squished it down, it was hard to take a bite.

I'm smiling in this picture, but I am literally crying on the inside. After I took that first bite, my heart sunk. Where was the flavor? Where was that great taste that had been hyped up? The meat had no flavor, and the bacon I added to mine was barely noticeable. Granted, you could tell the vegetables were very fresh, but they just didn't help. First Umami Burger, now this. I was in total burger let down mode, and nothing could shake me. I didn't even finish the burger.

There is hope on the horizon though. I've found a place that I squealed out loud about when I viewed the segment on it. The husband had to hold me down on the couch so I wouldn't bolt out the door. More to come soon.

2 comments: