Sunday, June 27, 2010

Latest Girl Crush: Grace Potter



OK, growing up as a teenager, it was always my dream to be a rock star. There was just one problem: I can't sing. An ex, who is a musician, never ceased to remind me that I couldn't, and humored me as I would sing along to tracks driving to his gigs. ::sigh::





If I could sing though, I would definitely be this woman: Grace Potter. I got a text from my sister a few weeks ago that stated, "Have you heard of Grace Potter and the Nocturnals? I think you would really like her." The name stuck, and when the hubby and I were looking at LCD TVs while at Best Buy, I stumbled upon her band's CD. Not having listened to one track, I took a chance and bought it. And boy, was I glad I did.



Grace is that hip rock n' roll chick we all aspire to be going out to concerts. She's stunningly gorgeous, has great fashion sense, is ridiculously talented, and has a voice I would die for. The whole band is something I wish I could have dreamed up, tracks reminiscent of The Black Crowes mixed with Heart. She is my latest girl crush, and I HIGHLY recommend you check out her music.

No comments:

Post a Comment