Thursday, October 29, 2009

One of Those Days

Today officially sucked. I have been exhausted all week with work, grading, running off every day after school to get stuff for our Halloween dance, and unpacking, and some of my students were just so mean.

I teach U.S. history, which granted, I understand some students do not find interesting at all, but I try to make fun for them. Instead of doing outlines, timelines, and storyboards like some teachers, I come up with my own questions for every chapter. And I do tons of simulations, videotape the students performing skits, and have lots of pair or group activities.

Well, while studying Shay's Rebellion today, two of my really good students commented on how boring it was to pretend to write a newspaper article about the event. Now, I tried not to get emotional, but honestly, my feelings were really hurt. I try so hard and work so hard to make the subject entertaining or my students and to have them say that made me question why I put forth so much effort.

To top it all off, I had to go back to our apartment today to pick up parts of our desk, and I ended up ripping two holes in my leather car seats.

And tomorrow, I get to stay at school until 7:30 because of our Halloween dance. Weekend, where are you??

1 comment:

  1. Chaperone the Halloween dance, were a revealing adult costume! Tease those other school people and a few parents!

    That's what i would do.

    Secretia

    ReplyDelete