Monday, October 12, 2009

I Want...and a Winner!

Driving home from a conference for work today, I was talking with my mother on the phone, and something she said struck me cold. My mother is the most selfless person I know, and someone that I aspire to be like some day. She unknowingly made me realize with one little comment how truly selfish I am. I started thinking about how many times I say "I want..." every day. The more I started to think about it, the more I wondered how my husband doesn't have a migraine. I get so much stuff...stuff I don't need, and it really needs to stop. All of the clothes...how much can one person have? I have put myself on a three month ban from buying clothes. I don't need anymore, and it will hopefully put things into perspective for me.

And onto lighter news...using random.org Shelby Nycole is my giveaway winner! Shelby, please email me so I can send the candles onto you. Thanks to everyone who entered.

2 comments:

  1. i love it! i too suffer from the "i wants". it is a wretched disease that i need to kick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been feeling the same way lately. i have so much STUFF. and still i want more

    ReplyDelete