Saturday, August 21, 2010

Easiest Dinner Ever




While visiting my parents up in the desert, I happened to catch a couple of episodes of Giada on the cooking network. I don't really watch her show, but I was pleasantly surprised to find her recipes so simple and tempting. She made a pasta dish with only four ingredients that I knew I just had to try.

All you need for this dish is:
  • pancetta
  • arugula
  • a carton of cheese ravioli
  • a can of stewed tomatoes
I'm not kidding; that's it.

Cut the pancetta up into tiny little chunks and cook it over medium-low heat in a frying pan for about five to six minutes until it gets a nice brown color. Once it's done cooking, remove it from the frying pan using a slotted spoon and place it on some paper towels so the excess oil can be soaked up. Next, dump that can of stewed tomatoes into the same frying pan, and let them cook for about two to three minutes. At this point, you can place on another burner a pot filled with water and a dash of salt. Set it in on high, and once the water starts to boil you can place the raviolis in it. In the frying pan, you are now going to add a whole bag of arugula to the tomatoes. Using a wooden spoon, stir until the arugula wilts down; this takes about three to four minutes.

Be sure to follow the instructions on the package for the ravioli and cook accordingly. Once they are done, carefully drain out the water, but leave the ravioli in the pot. After the arugula has cooked down, add the pancetta back in and mix. Now, you can add the ravioli to the sauce mixture as well, being careful not to break the ravioli.

I didn't think this meal would taste as good as it did, but trust me: it is insanely good. And my little sister agreed!

No comments:

Post a Comment