Sunday, September 20, 2009

House Woes

Hey all, these first two weeks of school definitely sunk their claws into me, and I have been bouncing from one "To Do" list to the next it seems. I thought I would fill you all in on the housing situation. Thanks to all the good vibes sent my way, we did end up going into escrow on the house the hubby and I wanted. Of course, we were ecstatic, and we opened a bottle of Tobin James blue moon syrah and went out to dinner in Laguna Beach at one of our favorite restaurants, K'ya. Things moved forward, and we had an inspection done and an appraisal. However, that is where the....you know what hit the fan. We had offered ten thousand over the asking price, even though we have an FHA loan and can only pay what the appraisal comes back. Well, the house came back ten thousand UNDER the sellers asking price. I know, not so good.

We had both tried to remain positive during this whole process, thinking that the seller never would have chosen our offer without knowing he might have to renegotiate the price. Well, apparently that isn't the situation. He doesn't want to negotiate the price down. And we cannot offer anymore on an FHA loan. The hubby does not want to pay more for what the house had been appraised anyway. The seller offered to give us a loan for the twenty thousand difference that we would have to pay back to him, but we are both absolutely against that. So now our realtor is making one more last ditch effort, but I am not holding my breath.

We now get to start the whole process over again, and I am so depressed. We'd already started to pack, and now to think we aren't going to get that house...it just crushes me.

On a lighter note, I reached my hundredth post with the last entry. Stay tuned to Tuesday, when I shall post about my very first blog giveaway. I need something to cheer myself up. =)

1 comment:

  1. what a mess! and what a sneaky seller. I am praying things turn out in your favor in the end...

    ReplyDelete